12 Techniques for Promoting New BlogsBy Shannon Steffen on August 30, 2011
The number of new blogs that are created every day by companies and individuals is staggering. Up until now getting a blog designed, optimized and launched are just the first steps that every new blogger must experience. The world will not know you have a great blog to read, subscribe or link to until you take an vital next step: promotion. There are 12 free or almost free techniques you can used to promote and market a new blog:
- Link Adding – include a link to your blog from the navigation of your main website.
- Badge Creation – everyone wants to belong and a badge will give visitors a visually appealing way to share your blog with the world.
- Email Signatures – free real estate is at the bottom of your email! Include a link to your new blog in every email you send out to spread the word.
- Create a Newsletter – use your company or personal newsletter to let your subscribers knows about the new blog.
- Networking Power – announce your blog to your friends, family and customers through your Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn social media networks.
- Press Release – highly significant blogs that convey a popular company message may warrant a press release.
- Submit That Blog – submit the new blog to blogger and feed directories.
- Share The Love – tell people in person about your new blog.
- Link Exchanges – use a blog roll to link to other relevant blogs and let the authors know about the link – they may just give a link back to your blog.
- Giveaway – promote your blog through contests or giveaways of your products or services. Everyone wants a free prize!
- Guest Posting – announce open guest posting available on your blog to cross-promote with other bloggers.
- Survey Your Readers – run surveys and ask potential readers what topics they may enjoy reading about.
The most beneficial method of promotion is through strong blog content. When writing, you must write for the reader in order to keep them reading and coming back for more. Give the readers what they want through content and community building and they will not only continue reading your blog but also pass it along to their friends and social media networking communities. All it takes is word of the web to turn a new blog into the hottest new blog on the Internet.
Latest posts by Shannon Steffen (see all)
- The 9 Circles of Marketing Hell: Do You Have Your Ticket? [Infographic] - May 24, 2013
- Dropping Design and User Experience from SEO Plan Kills Your Success - May 23, 2013
- Human SEO: The Future of the Google Search Engine - May 22, 2013