Introducing The New Google Analytics Toolon April 21, 2011
What was once only available to beta users has now become available to everyone else. Google announced today that the new Google Analytics platform is now fully available to anyone that wants to switch. Here’s how to make the switch as well as some new aspects of Google Analytics that you will love trying out.
Switching to the New Google Analytics
When you sign into your Google Analytics account, there is a link in the top right corner to convert to the new version. Simply click “New Version” and Google will convert you instantly. If you don’t like the new version, you can always click “Old Version” to revert back – although we are not sure how long that option will be available.
Test Driving the New Google Analytics
In the original announcement, Google not only encourages users to try the new version but to also highlights the following improvements:
- A redesigned Google Analytics platform to enable major new functionality
- A streamlined interface to make it easier to get to the information you want
- Improved report performance for faster reports
5 Things to Try in the New Google Analytics (v5):
- Switch between the different profiles and websites in order to increase focus on the same report
- Easily queue up your favorite report
- Create an Event Goal to track interactions such as video engagement and downloads
- Set up an additional dashboard to locate your important metrics
- Graph any two rows with Plot Rows to compare data
The Future of Google Analytics v5
Google is still working on PDF export and email scheduling but those should be along soon. A few other changes will be taking effect but those have yet to be disclosed by the Google Analytic’s team.
Have you tried out the new Google Analytics v5? What do you think?